Race Against Poverty 2020
Check out your options below and register to participate! Then let people know so they can sponsor you to make a bigger impact. You can even form a team to collectively make a difference. It’s super easy, and the funds you raise allow us to help more families on their journey out of poverty!
This year we have had to transition to a Virtual Event, which will take place over a 10 day period from August 21 – 31. Run or walk your day, your way! Once you sign up you’ll be able to choose from several options to stop by and pick up your RAP5k Packet—including the limited edition 10 Year Race Against Poverty t-shirt and some fun new gear and awards (see below) as you raise funds.
Sign up to raise funds together and compete in the 5k as a team! To form a team, select the Team Challenge option when you register. If you choose to get together to walk or run, please be sure to follow social distancing guidelines!
Run/walk it your way, your day. Take a photo and share it using #RAP5k or post it on the Race Against Poverty 2020 Event Page to get entered in the daily drawings to win a door prize! Be sure to make your post ‘public’ so we can see it. All the funds you each raise will be combined—check the leaderboard on our website to see if your team is in the lead!Register
Have fun participating in the Race Against Poverty as a co-ed pair!
Whether a father/daughter or mother/son, or maybe a fun running partner, enjoy the time together as you join in the fun for this category.
Run/walk it your way, your day. Take a photo and share it using #RAP5k or post it on the Race Against Poverty 2020 Event Page to get entered in the daily drawings to win a door prize! Be sure to make your post ‘public’ so we can see it. Just sign up for either the walk or the run as a Running Duo and go find your sponsors to make a greater impact!Register
Run/walk it your way, your day. Take a photo and share it using #RAP5k or post it on the Race Against Poverty 2020 Event Page to get entered in the daily drawings to win a door prize! Be sure to make your post ‘public’ so we can see it. Just sign up for either the walk or the run and go find your sponsors to make a greater impact!Register
There are 2 options for the Kids Runs (age 11 and under). The Kids Dash is a 1/2 mile and costs no money, whereas the Kids 1 Miler has a $10 fee because it includes a t-shirt.
Of course with it being a Virtual Event the distance doesn’t really matter, just have fun encouraging your children to run whatever distance makes sense for you. Sign up today so your children can go find sponsors to make an impact and be eligible for the fundraising prizes.
We still have shirts available!
(Shirts will be assigned as people sign up. We still have shirts in all sizes but the XL size, and we will order additional shirts after the event if need be).
As a Virtual Event participants CAN continue to sign up throughout the event, until the end of August.
Registration & Fundraising
- Kids Dash – Free
- Kids 1 Miler – $10
- 5k Walk/Run Youth (17 and under) – $15 ($20 after July 28)
- 5k Walk/Run (18 and older) – $30 ($35 after July 28)
- Share the link of the Sponsor Page on social media and by email to find sponsors. Or use the Printable Sponsor Form (below) to pass around at work, the neighborhood, or church to find people who will support you!
Packet Pick Up
We will have several options to pick up your RAP5k packet and t-shirt:
- August 21 11am-1pm, 5pm-7pm @SCCAP
- August 22 8am-12pm @NorthSquare Farmers Market
- August 24 11am-1pm, 5pm-7pm @SCCAP
- August 29 8am-12pm @NorthSquare Farmers Market
SCCAP: 533 South Main Street, Chambersburg, PA
NorthSquare Farmers Market: Chambers Fort Park, Chambersburg, PA
Participants can win prizes as they reach various levels of fundraising:
Race Against Poverty car window cling & a gaiter (mask/scarf/headband)
Race Against Poverty travel mug + $100 level prizes
Race Against Poverty long sleeve shirt + $100 & $250 level prizes
The team that raises the most wins a dinner party at the Falafel Shack!
**Team members will still win the above prizes as well, based on the levels they reach as individual fundraisers.
DOOR PRIZES will be given out throughout the event, Aug 21 – 31.
Post a photo using #RAP5k after you’ve completed your run or walk to be entered into the daily drawings of door prizes! Be sure to make your post ‘public’ so we can see it.
These trophies will not be given out this year with a Virtual Event version of the RAP5k.
- 12 and under Kids Runs:
- 13-15 1st Place 1 Miler Boy
- 16-19 1st Place 1 Miler Girl
- 20-29 1st Place Kids Dash Boy
- 30-39 1st Place Kids Dash Girl
These awards will not be given out this year with a Virtual Event version of the RAP5k.
Team’s placement is determined by the finishing times of your first 5 finishers. The lowest combined time wins.
The Running Duo winner is based on your combined time.
Win as the Best Dressed Pair–think characters, inanimate objects, things that go together–be creative! If you plan to participate in the best dressed competition be sure to sign up for this at the Check In Tent on race day.
You will still place/win based on your time as an individual as well.
Can’t participate in the 5k but still want to be a part of making this event a success? You can still be of great help! This event takes a crew of some of the most fantastic volunteers!Contact Us
- Help us establish a relationship with your church, a civic or social club, your gym, or another group that may be interested in supporting this critical work in the community
- Help us connect with potential additional Event Sponsors
- Buy a RAP5k yard sign to place in your yard, business, or other great locations to show your support! Purchase your sign at www.SCCAP.org/racesigns today.
- Raise funds in support of a participant or a team
- Share with your long distance friends and family about this opportunity to support your community—as a Virtual Event it is easy for those who live far away from you to still get involved this year!