Race Against Poverty 2022
Registration for the 12th Annual Race Against Poverty is now open! Register by May 2nd to receive Early Bird pricing and guarantee a RAP5K shirt!
Sign up 5+ participants to raise funds together and compete in the 5k as a team! To form a team, select the Team Challenge option when you register. You do not have to stay together, you can all run and walk at your own pace, and the times of your first 5 finishers will count for your score. All the funds raised by your team members will be combined for a team total—track your progress on your Team Page, and check the leaderboard on our website to see if your team is in the lead!
**Team members will still be placed as individuals and can win individually and with team members. All teams MUST be registered online before the close of online registration. Team members cannot be added on race day. However, you can still register to run as an individual on race day at the event.
Have fun participating in the Race Against Poverty as a co-ed pair!
Whether a father/daughter, a mother/son or maybe a fun running or walking partner, enjoy the time together as you join in the fun for this category.
Sign up for either the walk or the run as a Running Duo, and then find your sponsors to make a greater impact! You can track your progress on your RAP5k Page.
**Running Duos will still be placed as individuals and can win individually and as a pair. All Running Duos MUST be registered online before the close of online registration. However, you can still register to run as an individual on race day at the event.Register
Of course, you can participate in the 5k as an individual. Just sign up for either the walk or the run and find your sponsors to make a greater impact! You can track your progress on your very own RAP5k Page.
**Those who sign up with a Team or Running Duo will be timed and can place as an individual in addition to their Team or Running Duo.Register
Raber Runs for Kids
There are 2 options for the Kids Runs (age 11 and under). The Kids Dash is a 1/2 mile and costs no money, whereas the Kids 1 Miler has a $10 fee because it includes a t-shirt.
Sign up today so your children can find sponsors to make an impact and be eligible for the fundraising prizes. Kids are some of the best fundraisers each year, and they can track their progress on their RAP5k Page, as well as on the leaderboard on our website!
Register by May 2nd to receive the Early Bird Discount and to be guaranteed you receive a race shirt.
Traffic control will be at crosswalks for runners, but please remain alert and aware of traffic. Walkers will be required to use sidewalks and follow regular pedestrian rules at intersections—no roller blades or bicycles. The course is USATF Certified. Check-in on Race Day will be held under the tent on the corner of Main & King Streets.
- Kids Dash – Free
- Kids 1 Miler – $10
- 5k Walk/Run Youth (17 and under) – $15 ($20 after May 2)
- 5k Walk/Run (18 and older) – $30 ($35 after May 2)
- Share the link of your RAP5k Page on social media and by email to find sponsors. Or use the Printable Sponsor Form (below) to pass around at work, the neighborhood or church to find people who will support you!
Race Day Event Schedule
June 3, 2022
5:00 p.m. Same Day Registration and Pre-registration Packet Pick-up Opens at King Street Church parking lot. (Closes at 6:30 p.m. for 5K walkers and runners)
Raber Runs for Kids (11 and under)
6:00 p.m. Raber Kids Dash Begins
6:20 p.m. Raber Kids 1 Mile Begins
Race Against Poverty 5K
7:00 p.m. 5K Runners Begin
7:05 p.m. 5K Walkers Begin
8:00 p.m. Door Prizes Posted
8:00 p.m. Runners Award Ceremony
5:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Music and more
FUN REWARDS will be given as you reach various levels of fundraising:
Race Against Poverty athletic crew socks
Race Against Poverty long sleeve hooded shirt
Race Against Poverty windbreaker jacket
The team that raises the most wins a dinner party at the Falafel Shack!
**Team members will still receive the rewards above based on the levels they reach as individual fundraisers.
100+ Door Prizes:
100+ DOOR PRIZES will be given at the awards ceremony. Be sure to visit the door prize booth during the awards ceremony to see if your bib number is a winner!
TROPHIES are given to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place overall male and female finishers as well as finishers of the 5k in each age bracket:
- 12 and under Kids Runs:
- 13-15 1st Place 1 Miler Boy
- 16-19 1st Place 1 Miler Girl
- 20 – 29
- 30 – 39
AWARDS for the fastest Team and Running Duo.
A Team’s placement is determined by the finishing times of your first 5 finishers. The lowest combined time wins.
The Running Duo winner is based on your combined time.
You will still place/win based on your time as an individual as well.
Day of the Event
- Be a course official at a key spot along the course to cheer people on and make sure they don’t get confused about where to go. This is fun to do with a friend and a lawn chair!
- Help with Check-In & Registration
- Help with setup or teardown for the event.
More ways to volunteer
- Help us establish a relationship with your church, your gym, a civic or service club, or another group that may be interested in supporting this critical work in the community.
- Help us connect with potential Event Sponsors.
- Place a RAP5k yard sign in your yard, business, or other great locations to show your support!
- Raise funds in support of a participant or a team to increase the impact.
- Share with your long-distance friends and family about this opportunity to support your community.